Juicing has become an important part of my life. Right now I’m not doing it as often as I would like, but if I’m in the city or travelling I’m always trying to find a cafe where I can get fresh made juice and made the good way.
I never visit places where they press oranges etc. in a big machine with the cest on. I find places where the oranges are pressed the old fashion way. The reason is that in many places they do not buy organic oranges and what is the point to be healthy if you get a lot of pesticides and other chemicals in you from the cest.
This is also the reason why I buy organic fruit and vegetables or use fruit and vegetables from the garden (home-grown) for juicing.
Choice of juicer
I’ve also been very particular with choice of juicer because:
- Cleaning – I don’t know about you but cleaning is not on my top-10 list over favorite activities, so I want a machine that is easy to clean.
- The waste issue – Some machines produces more waste than other models do, so it’s essential to find a machine which is the most efficient.
- How large is the feeding tube – the thinner the tube is the more you’ve to cut up the fruit and vegetables equals more work.
I chose a Philips HR 1871 and it’s from 2013 so there might be a much better on the marked now. But it’s fast, easy to clean and very efficient.
My juice recipes
My favorite comfort juice right now is:
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 orange
- 2-3 apples (if I have beets I like to use 2 small)
My favorite morning juice is:
- 2-3 apples
- 1/2 organic lemon with cest
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 red bellpepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Orange
I also love to drink juices with red beets and spinach 🙂