I woke up this morning totally stressed out because how do I maintain my body while traveling for such a long time? and more important how do I increase my muscle power while traveling so I can reach my goal? I’ve come so far with my PT and throwing the hard work away is not an option.Yes I’ve to increase my budget for food and exercise but I’m used to from my daily life now 🙂
So what to do?
- I’ve prepared a little by packing a separate bag with my exercise clothes, swim wear, running shoes, TRX, a trigger ball and a double trigger ball and 4 cloths. When I arrive in Sydney I hopefully will get a lightweight full body wet suit too.
- This morning to calm my brain down I went on the internet and as always I found a lot of pages of various quality. In all this will be my plan:
I have made a pact with myself:
Yes I made a pact with myself about committing to the exercising. I probably will miss doing it so not a problem.
Food is very important:
Priority every day will be to eat well. You can’t build muscles without eating well and even though I’m booking hostels and bnbs with access to kitchens/barbecue areas I actually don’t know what to expect before seeing it with my own eyes.
- Breakfast will if possible be
- banana pancakes with veggies and fruit
- scrambled eggs with bacon and veggies
- overnight oat with nuts and fruit (if nothing else is possible)
- chicken or fish salad
- sushi (I don’t use the soy and wasabi)
- overnight oat with nuts and fruit (if nothing else is possible – many airports allow me to bring it in to the airport)
- chicken, fish or meat with veggies etc. (If I’ve access to a kitchen I can make it myself. If not and the days I feel like treating myself I’ll find a good place to eat)
- in Australia they’ve some amazing bars in the health stores
- dried meat (organic)
- overnight oat with nuts and fruit (as a last resort) – oh man I’m going to be so tired of that one 😀
- Getting enough fat:
- Getting enough fat can become a challenge, so I just have to buy a bucket of good olive oil and a jar of coconut oil and some raw cacao, nuts etc. and mix together and eat every day.
- During the flights:
- I’m so lucky I’ve a note that allows me to bring food with me into the airport and on the flight, but I never bring fluid stuff to avoid trouble. So I bring nuts, fruit or bars in a good quality. Some of the airplane food works for me but that’s because I never travel with the cheap companies.
I might find other alternatives while traveling but I let you know if I do 🙂
This is the hardest part but I got it turned around to become the fun part. Because in Darwin and Sydney I’ve arranged a PT so I can get roughed up a little but that is not enough. I need a daily routine and I hope to be able to bring my TRX, trigger balls and 4 cloths. So what to do:
- In front I google where there are places for street-workout and routes for running with exercise stations on the way.
- When I arrive I’ll take a walk and check the area out for good places to run and exercise.
- I’ll take a workout every second day.
- Every day I’ll keep active by taking a swim, hike, walk etc. (no heavy duty stuff). This is not a problem for me since I get bored after a couple of hours on the beach 😀 and I’ve the ginger skin, so the sun burns me if I’m not careful and in Australia it burns.
- In the airports while in transit I’ll be the crazy lady making body weigh exercises and strolling around to keep my body active.
- In advance I’ll have made some programs and hopefully my PT will help me. + I’ve downloaded an app with TRX exercises. I just want to be sure to cover the whole body the right way to avoid damages, over training or to fail some muscle groups.